11.12.2008

Backtrack- Beginning of Preschool

So I want to use my blog as some sort of journal. And as you all know, I am terrible at keeping up with the blog thing so I am even more terrible at keeping a journal (as if in never). So for a time there will be "Backtrack" entries to catch up this year's happenings. I am sorry if this is boring or not very current but I need to write this stuff done before it gets too far away. So bear with me....

Today, I am backtracking to Kate's start of year 2 of prschool. Just a photo and an art project that I did for her for back to school night. I have to say that I am not very creative or artsy. I wish I was but I am sort of proud of my little "Intro to Kate" pendant.

Kate's first day of school.  She was so excited for school to start and be in the 4 year old class and also to be able to go 3 days a week. I was very excited about that, too.  She loves school but she is a perfectionist who is discouraged when she can't get something just perfect. We have to work on that. I just can't believe how big she has gotten and how much she has grown up in the last year.  By the way, the bracelets were always with her (sleeping and awake) for awhile. She would even wake up during the night to make sure she had her bracelets. Now they sit in her Cinderella treasure chest so she doesn't lose them. 


The pendant I made for Kate's back to school night. I forgot about this until the day off. It was suppose to be all about Kate and things she likes - castles, princesses, butterflies. You can't tell but some of the butterflies are raised off the paper as if they just landed on the paper (a little 3D action).  Below is a close up.


More on the "backtrack" agenda - Disneyland, LA wedding, Kate's bday party, Halloween, another art project, trip to Ohio, summer highlights, remodeling at its finest, some cooking adventures and so much more (and not in that order).  So stay tune and thanks for reading. Love ya all!!!!

7 comments:

Karen said...

Kate is such a cutie! I'm so glad she is loving school! I love the banner you made..good job! Can't wait to hear about things you have been doing. =)

The Johnsen7 said...

She is getting so big!! Congrats on the very cute banner! I know you think you are not creative, but you are! How are your scrapbooks coming along? :) I hope you are still doing them! Miss ya!!

Jenni said...

That pendant turned out so cute! You rocked it!!!

Christy said...

Adorable pendant! You are so talented, even though you think you aren't crafty! You've just brainwashed yourself into thinking you can't do it, but you can!

Carolann said...

Glad to see some updates on your blog, even if they are from a while ago! You have such a cute family!

kristin said...

love the picture of Kate, and your little Martha Stewart self did a great job on that pennant! Yea!

Amy M. said...

She looks so cute & ready for school. I was also just looking at Alan's page with pictures of Matt -- is he the spitting image of you, or is it just the photo-effect?