4.23.2009

Earth - The Final Frontier


Poster Art for "Earth."

To celebrate Earth Day (week), the kids and I went to see the new movie, "Earth", by DisneyNature

Wow, what a moving movie. The cinematography was insanely beautiful and so inspiring.  Made me what to visit every inch of the world to partake of all the wonderful sights. What a beautiful world that we live in and how blessed we are for everything that we have. 

A scene from "Earth."

I never realized the struggle that so many animals go through in search of food and water - a struggle I have never had to deal with. Nor did I fully realize the impact of our misuse of the Earth's resources on the Earth itself until today.  The shrinking ice pack in the Artic and its effect on the polar bear or the every enlarging desert in Africa and the struggle for water on elephants and lions. 

A scene from "Earth."

Definitely made me think of how I can better treat the Earth and what God has created.  So go see the movie, take your kids and if you go during opening week, Disney will plant a tree in the Amazon for each ticket sold. If you don't go, please rethink how you treat God's gift of this beautiful Earth.

A scene from "Earth."

And we will see you next year on Earth Day to see the second part of the series, "Oceans". I can't wait!!!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Stephen wants to see this movie, although I'm not sure we'll make it in the first week so that we can have a tree planted for us.

Amy M. said...

We'll have to see this. Thanks for the review!

Carolann said...

Looks like a good movie. I LOVED when they had the Planet Earth series on Discovery. We would watch that every Sunday.

Those reusable bags look so cute. I'm definitely going to buys some. Never knew those statistics.