9.18.2009

Here Comes the Tooth Fairy

Goodbye to my first baby's first baby tooth (hatched at 5 months and lost at 4 years 11 months) and hello to the tooth fairy!!!

The last two visits to the dentist, Kate has been told that her bottom two teeth are loose by her hygienist/her aunt!! For the longest time, I couldn't tell if my finger was moving or the tooth but who am I to argue with my SIL over teeth - definitely not my expertise beyond "The Tooth Book" by Dr. Seuss! About a week ago, while checking her teeth-brushing abilities, I noticed some small gapping at the gumline around one of her teeth. And what was it...a tooth on the verge of fall out. Definitely not expected since she still is 4 and I was thinking loosing teeth happened closer to 6!!

So Sunday night, said tooth was hanging by a thread. We finally convinced her that Alan could pull it out painlessly. And after some blood and tears, Kate is now down one tooth and has already moved on to the next tooth (which is starting to get more loose every day).


The funny thing is she has forgotten that the tooth fairy hasn't come yet. Not that she (the tooth fairy) is lazy but we keep forgetting to write the tooth fairy a letter (loved the idea, Shaina)!!

P.S. Let's hope Kate never remember the promise I made to her 2 years ago...that we would go to DisneyWorld once she lost her first tooth (again I thought I was buying more time than I actually got). Please keep my little secret.

4 comments:

The Johnsen7 said...

Love it! There have been multiple times the Tooth Fairy has 'forgotten' to come to our house. We just say 'She must have been very busy last night!' She looks so cute without her tooth!!

Ummm... I wanna go to DisneyWorld! Can I come along?

Jenni said...

She is so cute with her missing tooth--so proud of it too, of course!! Um, tooth fairy, get on top of it! haha

Michelle said...

It took several nights for the Tooth Fairy to visit the first time. Good thing Kate's not related to my boys because they remember every promise I've made to them since birth! Their minds are steel traps and I'd be booking a trip to Disney World right now.

Karen said...

What a cutie! I wonder when McKenzie will lose her first tooth. hmmm..... And how I will do as a tooth fairy! It's just hard to remember those kinds of things when you are busy with everything else! Love the promise to go to DisneyWorld as well. =)