11.12.2009

National Prematurity Awareness Month







This video hit close to home for me and drew a lot of tears. I am a mother to two preemies - Kate born at 34 weeks and Matt born at 32 weeks. Also I am the sister of a preemie - my sister, Rebecca, was born at 31 weeks back in 1980. I know what this doctor went through and how heart-wrenching it is to watch your baby struggle for life. I also know that without research and medical advances, neither of my children nor my only sister would be here today.

But we can all help. November is National Prematurity Awareness Month. This month, as we reflect on all that we are grateful for, please say a little prayer for the half a million preemies struggling each year to live. Also be informed and inform your family and friend on how to prevent a premature birth (not all are preventable but some are). Visit the March of Dimes website for more information.



Kate 2 days old



Matt 1 day old

1 comment:

Nicki said...

Those are some sweet photos of your little babies! I remember how scary it was for Matt--so glad he's healthy and strong now. I just read Jenny's blog on your Black Friday--way to go Ladies! Hope you are all doing well and getting ready for the holidays.