11.05.2007

I WAS TAGGED (a long time ago)

I was tagged quite awhile ago so now the slacker that I am, I am finally go to do these...

I was tagged by Jenni (http://hootieshowl.blogspot.com/) ...she is a very talented scrapbooker so check out her great layouts (hey, she is even getting me into the scrapbooking thing). Also I was tagged by Kristin (http://kristin-partylikearockstar.blogspot.com/) ...we have been friends for over 15 years now and she is a rocking rock climber so also check her out.

Anyway, here are 7 random facts about me....

1. I love breakfast food. I could eat breakfast for every meal. But I can't stand eggs and dry heave at the smell of them.

2. I live in a perpetually world of organized chaos. Our downstairs always looks organized but our office is a total mess. Yet I could find anything I need in the office.

3. I cannot throw away a magazine unless I have read it from cover to cover (I have the same issue with newspapers and catalogs too). I have magazines from 2002 probably in a box waiting for me to read. I did throw away a lot of magazines while I was pumping with Matt since I read about 3 or so magazines a day while I was pumping.

4. Now this is something that most people don't know unless you went to college with me...My nickname in college was and still is to this day EZ. I was nicknamed after the rapper Easy E. My old roommate's entire family still calls me EZ.

5. I am obsessed with spelling. I love to find spelling errors in newspapers or magazines. I don't know why but it seems so funny to have a misspell in a newspaper...don't they use spell check plus it's a newspaper for crying out loud.

6. I can't remember any lines from any movie I have ever seen. Alan is great at remembering that stuff but me, I couldn't hardly tell you about the movie long after I have seen it. I guess I just few movies/TV as forms of entertainment and so my brain is turned off when I am watching.

7. Like Kristin (above), I cannot stand to have my fingernails painted. But I love to paint my toe nails and I do feel kind of naked when they are not painted. Unfortunately, since Matt was born, they do not get painted regularly. Something I definitely need to start up again plus Kate loves to have her toes painted.


I also got tagged by Shaina so here goes that one (BTW, this was quite difficult because my memory sucks)...

5 things I was doing 10 years ago:
It was 1997 and I was working in San Francisco (pretty boring life)...
1. Moving to the other side of Walnut Creek for cheaper rent
2. Working 70-90 hour weeks working for Arthur Andersen as a tax consultant
3. Spending more time with my newly relocated brothers and their families, especially the kids
4. Taking a trip with Kristin (above) to NYC and DC (so much fun and such great memories)
5. Eating lunch everyday with my work friend, Kathy, whom I still keep in touch with

5 things on my to-do list today:
1. Go to Target
2. Take Kate to the park
3. Catch up on emails
4. Go through bags of clothes to donate to DI
5. Go to a Homemade Gourmet party at Amy's

5 snacks I enjoy:
1. Diet Coke
2. Ice Cream
3. 100 Grand Bars
4. Genisoy Chocolate Mint bars
5. Chips and salsa

5 songs I know the lyrics to:
1. Most primary songs because I sing them every night
....Without the song playing....no other song - one of the things that I am really bad about but I can't remember words to songs to save my life. But if the song is on...
2. Most Linkin Park songs
3. Most boy band songs
4. Bibidee Bopadee Boo from one of the Cinderella movies (that is just because I hear it so often but Kate loves to have "dance party" to this song
5. Can't think of any more but I am sure there are more

5 of my bad habits:
1. I pick at my cuticles on my fingernails
2. A little OCD but I have to check all the doors every night to be sure that they are locked (even if Alan checked them)
3. I obsess about losing weight but I am too lazy to be on a diet
4. I am a procrastinator and therefore my office is always a disaster
5. I am always late, no matter how hard I try

5 things I'd do if I were a millionaire:
1. Put away enough for our kids' college
2. Build and design my dream house
3. Tithing, of course
4. Help my family members out with expenses
5. Save and invest the rest after a good shopping spree

5 things I will never wear again:
1. Spandex - as Alan says..it is a privilege not a right
2. Pegged pants (never wore reverse fit but did peg pants myself back in the day)
3. Not really wearing but I will never perm my hair again
4. Denim shirt
5. Faded or white washed jeans

5 of my favorite toys:
1. My iPhone
2. TIVO
3. My straightener
4. Internet
5. Jewelry

Now I am not going to tag anyone specifically but challenge all those who haven't done one or the other or both to do them on your blog. Great getting to know all you better. Happy Blogging for the day!!!!

7 comments:

Jenni said...

Love it!!! It's about time lady! HAHA...FUN TO LEARN MORE FUN FACTS! wow--sorry about the CAPS!

kristin said...

Yeah EZ! Love to hear all this fun stuff! Does it count if I help you read those stacks of magazines? I could donate my services :)

Sara said...

I love it. I check the doors OCD too.

And I'm totally calling you EZ from now on...

rebecca said...

Hey there :)
I love this new blog craze!!! I get to hear how friends I've lost contact with are doing!! It's fun reading those random things about you and actually knowing some of them :)

Craig said...

my iPhone is my favorite toy too. It was fun to get to know you better. --Craig

Michelle said...

I learned a lot about you, EZ...but then I knew a lot of those things too. I'm with you on the spelling thing-it drives me crazy when there are words spelled wrong or typos in published material!

Karen said...

Elise hey girlie found you off of shainas page. How are you doing? This is karen layton by the way. Way fun facts about your self!!! I'm OCD on the doors too. I'm just OCD on a lot of things!